When it comes to choosing what skin care products are best for your skin type, there are a lot of choices to be made. From brand to product type to ingredients found in the formulation, the choices are endless. It is no wonder a woman on average uses 22 skin care products a day. When shopping for skin care, one of the first decisions you can make for the benefit of your skin and overall health is choosing the best organic skin care products. Organic products are those made with ingredients from nature that were not grown with the aid of chemical pesticides. When pesticides are used in the growing process, chemical residue can leach on to the ingredient and make its way into your skin care product and into your blood stream. Read More.
You want to be healthy, and you want your skin to look its very best. So you pamper your skin with this product and that product, and pay close attention to what you eat. When you choose foods, you more than likely pay attention to the nutrition facts and ingredient lists, choosing foods that fuel your healthy daily allowances and aren’t made with artificial ingredients. But are you as scrupulous with your skin care selections?
Beauty aisles are littered with products and marketing claims promising that their formulas will improve skin appearance and texture, remove dark spots, and reduce the signs of aging. Like fad diets that give temporary results, oftentimes products made with artificial or chemical ingredients offer the same thing – a temporary mask without improving skin from deep within. Studies and experience have taught us that eating organically is the best decision for our overall health, so it can be deduced that organic skin care products are also worth the effort.
Think about a transdermal patch – a small patch that is applied directly to the skin to deliver a dose of medication to the bloodstream. Your skin allows the medication on these patches – most often aids to help people quit smoking, or birth control methods - to enter your skin and alter your body’s functions. This is all topical. There is no special delivery system in these patches...except for your skin of course. The ingredients in your skin care products are no different. When you massage lotion on your skin, where does it disappear? The ingredients are absorbed by the skin and into the bloodstream.
Choosing the best organic skin care products takes an extra step. There is a bit of research and due diligence to be done, but it is worth it. Your health is worth it. Here are 5 reasons why it is worth searching out organic and plant-based skin care products:
- Because you want to put only the healthiest, safest ingredients on your face and body. In the United States, there are few safety regulations within the skin care industry. And that’s a scary thing for your health. Skin care products can play host to a number of chemical ingredients that are skin and health irritants - including parabens, carcinogens, and allergens. An eye-opening fact: there are currently 12,500 ingredients used in skincare products, but the United States has tested only 11% and banned only 8. The European Union, however, has banned 1,100 ingredients, labeling them as hazardous chemicals. Choosing products made with non-toxic and organic ingredients helps to keep your skin and body performing at their very best.
- You will notice a difference in the tone and texture of your skin.You might have read stories about beauty icons from centuries ago – think Cleopatra, Nefertiti, and Guinevere – who relied on plant-based ingredients for their beauty. We’re finding that there is plenty of truth in legend. Taking our beauty practices back to basics – or back to nature – has proven that our skin craves the gentle and nourishing benefits of organic, plant-based ingredients. While you may be skeptical now, making the switch will have a big impact on your skin’s appearance and health.
- You are preserving the planet’s health and making it a bit more beautiful, too. Purchasing an organic product potentially removes a chemically laden product from being used. This means that toxic ingredients washed down the drain are not disrupting our delicate eco-systems. With few government regulations on skin care ingredients, keeping certain chemicals out of nature is an initiative that must be taken by skin care manufacturers and consumers. There is progress being made with some states banning ingredients, like plastic, exfoliating micro-beads and Triclosan, but until it becomes more wide spread it is up to you to do your research. Be sure to look for companies who source their ingredients from renewable resources that are sourced ethically and responsibly. This helps to keep our planet’s resources balanced and healthy.
- Organic products work. For too long “organic” translated to “granola” and the misconception that organic products could not perform like products made with chemical and artificial ingredients. However, over the years we have found sources for beneficial organic and plant-based ingredients that contribute to our success in making healthy products that work. In fact, we hear every day from customers who are amazed at the effectiveness of our serums or moisturizers. It is why we do what we do each and every day – so that we can share our excitement and successes with everyone around the world.
- Your Health is Worth It. We all have a health journey. Whether it is cancer, skin ailments like eczema, or the desire to lose weight, we have found through customer accounts, personal experiences, and research, that eliminating certain chemicals in personal care products can alleviate symptoms. Conscious skin care choices, made in tandem with a healthy lifestyle and diet, can even be preventative solutions for some health issues. The symbiotic relationship we have found between feeding your skin and feeding your body is important to understand when taking inventory of your health and well-being.
While all Sally B's products are made with the highest percentage of organic ingredients possible, here are our best organic skin care recommendations to get you started on your healthy skin care journey:
TAMANU LUXURY FACIAL CLEANSER
Made with over 95% certified organic ingredients, this gentle, daily cleanser works to remove makeup, dirt, and oils without leaving behind harmful and damaging chemical residue. Using this cleanser at least twice a day - both morning and night - will help create a beautiful foundation of soft and smooth skin.
The Tamanu Luxury Organic Facial Cleanser works well with all skin types, even the most sensitive of skin types. Sally B's highly recommends cleansing your face twice a day.
Ingredients include: Organic Castile Soap (saponified oils of organic coconut, Olive and Jojoba), Organic Olive Oil, Organic Camellia Oil, Organic Tamanu Oil, Vitamin E (Non GMO, Soy Based), Organic Essential Oil of Lavender, Xanthum Gum, Rosemary Extract, Organic Lecithin
Learn more about it here: http://www.sallybskinyummies.com/products/tamanu-luxury-facial-cleanser
B GLOSSY LIP GLOSS
Formulated with over 98% organic ingredients, our B Glossy Lip Gloss intensifies your natural lip color with a silky smooth hint of color and shimmer. The organic, moisture-rich ingredients work to enrich lip health for lips that feel good and look even better. Available in six colors: Every Blonde's Pink, Primrose, Soft Kiss, Copper Penny, Sweet Plum.
B Glossy Lip Gloss is made with 98% certified organic ingredients. The lip gloss Colored naturally with micas and does not contain Carmine or artificial coloring.
Ingredients include: Organic Castor Oil, Organic Lecithin (Non GMO), Organic Beeswax, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Carneuba Wax, Vitamin E (Non GMO Soy Based), Organic Essential oil of Peppermint, Micas
Learn more about it here: http://www.sallybskinyummies.com/products/b-glossy-lip-gloss
DAYTIME ANTIOXIDANT SERUM
Give your skin an extra layer of protection from the harsh, day-to-day elements with Sally B’s Daytime Antioxidant Serum. Packed full of powerful antioxidants like Organic Olive Leaf Extract, Organic Green Tea, and Organic Helichrysum, this lightweight serum absorbs quickly into skin to help prevent free-radical formation and provide all-day moisture. It also helps prevent wrinkles, fine lines, and other skin damage from deep within.
Ingredients include: Hyaluronic Acid, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Organic Rose Hydrosol, Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil, Organic Calendula Extract, Organic Olive Leaf Extract, Organic Witch Hazel, Organic Helichrysum Extract, Organic Green Tea Extract, Organic Essential Oil of Neroli, Fermented Radish Root, Vitamin E (Non GMO Soy Based), Organic Lecithin, Xanthum Gum, Organic Aloe Leaf, Organic Essential oils of Geranium, and Lavender, Potassium Sorbate, Sclerotium Gum
Learn more about it here: http://www.sallybskinyummies.com/products/antioxidant-serum
NIGHTTIME ANTIOXIDANT SERUM
Rejuvenate your skin after a long day with our effective Nighttime Serum, packed full of beneficial anti-aging and restorative, organic ingredients like Vitamin C, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), and Hyaluronic Acid. This lightweight and fast absorbing serum also boasts anti-inflammatory properties to calm skin and help improve its clarity, tone, and texture, all while repairing free-radical damage to prevent wrinkles, fine lines, and other skin damage from deep within.
Ingredients include: Hyaluronic Acid, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Organic Licorice Root Extract, Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil, Organic Essential Oil of Lavender, Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil, Ubiquinone, Vitamin E (Non GMO Soy Based), Organic Vegetable Lecithin, Organic Essential Oil of Cypress, Fermented Radish Root, Xanthum Gum,Potassium Sorbate, Organic Witch Hazel, Organic Aloe Vera, Sclerotium Gum
Learn more about it here: http://www.sallybskinyummies.com/products/antioxidant-serum-nighttime
B QUENCHED FACIAL OIL
A culmination of beauty practices of centuries past, B Quenched blends botanical oils made famous by Cleopatra and the Geishas into a facial oil beneficial for today's face. Formulated with organic Black Cumin Seed Oil, organic Argan Oil, organic Camellia Seed Oil, and wildcrafted Marula Oil, this lightweight oil quickly absorbs to help sooth, moisturize, and enrich skin. Its essential fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants give face a noticeable healthy glow that will have people questioning your beauty secrets, much like Cleopatra. Plus, it has added essential oils for a sweet smell that is relaxing, balancing, and regenerating.
Ingredients include: Organic Camellia Seed Oil, Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil, Organic Argan Oil, Wildcrafted Marula Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Tocopherals (Non GMO Soy Based), RosemaryLeaf Extract, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Essential Oils of Geranium, Bergamot, Palmarosa, Petitgrain, Grapefruit, Sweet Orange, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Orange Blossom, Australian Sandalwood, and Magnolia
Learn more about it here: http://www.sallybskinyummies.com/products/b-quenched-facial-oil
CARROT FACIAL DREAM CREAM
Perfect for those with sensitive skin as well as those with dry or aging faces, this sweet-scented, silky cream is full of good-for-you natural ingredients to leave your face nourished and reinvigorated. Plus, the added organic essential oils promote a calming and restful sleep.
Ingredients include: Distilled Water, Organic Camellia Seed Oil, Ecocertified Emulsifier, Organic Avocado Oil, Olive Squalane, Vitamin E, (Non GMO Soy Based), Carrot Seed Oil, Organic (Vegetable) Glycerin, Organic Argan Oil, Organic Rosehip Seed Oil, MCT Oil, Sunflower Seed Extract, Willow Leaf Extract, Amalaki Fruit Extract, Algae Extract, Fennel Fruit Extract, Ecocertified Preservative containing Fermented Radish root and Honeysuckle Flower Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Calendula Extract, Allantoin, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Organic Lecithin, Ecocertified Preservatives, Organic Aloe, Sclerotium Gum, Organic Oat Powder
Learn more about it here: http://www.sallybskinyummies.com/products/carrot-facial-dream-cream
ANTIOXIDANT SKIN BOOST
Made with 100% pure vitamins and minerals, give beauty sleep a new meaning with our Antioxidant Skin Boost. This beneficial Vitamin C powder is packed full of proven anti-aging and restorative ingredients like Vitamin C (L-Asborbic Acid), Hyaluronic Acid, and Resveratrol, which repair the affects of everyday dirt, stress, and harsh environmental elements. Just mix a scoop of Boost with your night cream or serum and let its super antioxidant powers brighten your complexion and fight free radicals to help prevent the signs of aging.
Application: In the palm of your hand, mix a scoop (scoop included) of Boost with your night cream or serum. If necessary, add a couple of drops of water to help dissolve boost. Smooth over face and let absorb into skin. Suitable for nightly use.
Ingredients include: Vitamin C, Organic Pomegranate Extract, Allantoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Resveratrol
The versatility of this product is due in part to a couple of lesser-known ingredients, including Moth Bean Extract, which is a safe, plant-based alternative to Retinol that encourages the regrowth of collagen and improves skin cell turnover in a very gentle way, and organic Gotu Kola, which naturally calms inflammation, aids in healing, and stimulates new cell growth.
Ingredients include: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Centela Asiatica Extract*, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, D-Alpha-Tocopherol, Water, Glycerin*, Vigna Aconitifolia Seed Extract, Sodium Citrate. *Organically sourced
Learn more about it here: https://www.sallybskinyummies.com/collections/body-essentials/products/anywhere-balm
HEALING HAND BUTTER
Whether you’re a gardener, stay-at-home mom or 9-5 office worker, lend relief to dry, cracked and tired hands with Sally B’s Healing Hand Butter. Full of luscious oils, rich butters and natural botanicals, our Healing Hand Butter leaves your hands rejuvenated, soft and smooth. Available in four scents: Sweet Lemon Ginger, Lavender, Unscented, Citrus Vanilla
Ingredients include: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Hydrogenated Olive Oil (and) Olive Oil (Olea Europaea) (and) Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Cetearyl Alchohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Glycerin*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate (and) Sorbitan Olivate, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Seed Butter, Glycerin (and) Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate (and) Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Extract (and) Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract (and) Gluconolactone, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Allantoin, Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid *certified organic
Learn more about it here: https://www.sallybskinyummies.com/pages/best-organic-skin-care